Efficient Living is a highly respected ESD Consultancy based in Narrabeen, 5 minutes from the beach.
Our team of Sustainability Consultants are passionate about improving the built environment and work on exciting projects with renowned designers and developers.
We have a social, relaxed and friendly office where pets are welcome, and beach walks are encouraged.
Efficient Living is a fun, vibrant and supportive workplace where you can develop your skills and be recognised and valued for your contribution to our success.
Please read our open positions below and get in touch if you’d like to join us.
Seeking - SUSTAINABILITY DIRECTOR
- Take ownership of the company’s strategic direction
- Beachside location, people and lifestyle focused culture
- Strong pipeline of work with significant opportunity to expand current services
This newly created role is suited to a Sustainable Building or Building Services Engineer and is pivotal to the company’s strategic direction. You will facilitate thought leadership and collaboration in a time when policy and technology is driving the building industry towards net zero energy.
This Australian owned Sustainable Building Consultancy has been established for 20 years and shows it’s resilience by thriving in these challenging times.
YOUR NEW ROLE:
- A key deliverable in this role is development of new services that compliment current offerings. Opportunities include; Green Star, NABERS, WELL, Passive House, Daylight and Solar access studies or Building Services Engineering.
- Mentoring and up-skilling existing staff in new services and recruitment of new employees.
- The Residential and Commercial Consulting Manager will report directly to you and you will ensure quality service delivery across all consulting teams.
- Nurture current client relationships and support the role out and uptake of new services.
- Support policy makers and software developers to ensure a smooth transition to increasing energy targets.
- Maintain close relationships with product suppliers to ensure we are bringing the latest innovative solutions to our clients at all times.
- Foster company mission and values throughout the team and ensure continuance of a strong team culture.
YOU WILL NEED:
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Industry accreditations in preferred new services
- Extensive Experience in a similar role with-in Australia
- Proficiency with IES or Design-Builder software
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams and encourage continual professional growth
- Ability to quote projects, coordinate work-loads and ensure service profitability
- Excellent communication, verbal and written and ability to deliver engaging presentations
- Integrity, Reliability and Trust
- This is a vital position, the person recruited into this role will have a significant influence over the future direction of the company, so you must be looking for a place to make a future.
The culture of this company is relaxed, social, embraces work / life balance and places a high importance on health and job security. The office is a bright open plan space positioned between the beach and the lake in Narrabeen. Your work colleagues are driven by a desire to inspire change and thirsty for the professional development opportunities you can bring. You will be supported by the Managing Director, Financial Manager and external business coach but at the same time our goal is to allow you the space to make this role your own.
We are looking for someone that loves what they do, is driven by success and lifts those around them. You can not under-estimate the potential of this opportunity.
An attractive and incentive based salary package is on offer for the right person.
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, email a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
OR if you don’t have an up to date resume feel free to send an expressions of interest to Tracey Cools via linked in.