Efficient Living is a long established and highly respected consultancy and accredited assessor located on Sydney’s Northern Beaches. We specialise in building envelope thermal performance, water and energy optimisation for residential and commercial buildings. We attribute our success to providing exceptional customer service, in-depth knowledge and practical solutions. We work with renowned engineering firms, developers, architects and construction companies on some of the largest landmark developments.
We embrace work-life-integration and find any excuse to get together to enjoy each other’s company and celebrate our achievements. We have a very comfortable workspace and office pets are welcome. Being positioned between the beach and the lake, lunchtime walks and workouts are encouraged.
We are a young, vibrant and fun company. We are passionate about improving the built environment and our team of talented, supportive and social professionals deliver the best outcomes for our clients. Please get in touch if you’d like to join us.
Open Position - Mid Level Sustainability Consultant
As a Mid-Level Consultant, you will be responsible for completing NatHERS and BASIX assessments on residential buildings, Section J Deemed-to-Satisfy and Design Builder modelling solutions for commercial buildings as well as ESD Reports and Statements of Environmental Effects.
You will help coordinate a team of consultants, provide the team with training and upskilling and ensure projects are delivered to our high standard, on time and within budget. You will also attend client meetings and complete onsite compliance inspections.
You will engage with clients, providing expert advice and recommendations to ensure our high-quality service is maintained.
Skills and experience:
- 2 years experience in sustainability assessment field
- Considerable understanding of NatHERS simulation software
- Experience in completing BASIX reports
- Section J – DTS as well as JV3 modelling principles an advantage
- Excellent communication skills and experience preparing reports
- Ability to develop good relationships
Open Position - Senior Sustainability Consultant
As a Senior Consultant, you will be responsible for managing a range of complex NatHERS and BASIX Assessments on multi-unit residential buildings, Section J Deemed- to- Satisfy reporting and JV3 modelling solutions for commercial buildings as well as having the capabilities to complete ESD Reports, Statements of Environmental Effects, Daylight simulations and Ventilation studies.
You will coordinate a team of assessors to assist with project delivery and liaise with clients. You will need to attend client meetings and complete onsite compliance inspections. In this role, you will have the scope to implement and manage new initiatives and influence the direction of the company preparing it for the next round of sustainability measures.
Skills and experience:
- 5 years’ experience in sustainability assessment field
- Proven ability to lead teams, manage projects and coordinate work deadlines
- Experience using Design Builder simulation software an advantage
- Accredited GSAP or experience with Green Star submissions
- NABERS ratings, commitment agreements and design stage modelling (Desired)
- Daylight simulation and shading studies (Desired)
- Knowledge of BERS Pro Plus v4.3 simulation software highly regarded
- Considerable understanding of BASIX, Section J – DTS and JV3 modelling
- Green Star envelope modelling (Desired)
Job benefits and perks:
This is a great opportunity to join a professional and friendly office in a young, fun and progressive business supporting our growth in a dynamic industry. Efficient Living values flexible work-life balance. Our sunny office, beachside location and pet-friendly culture all contribute to a warm and sociable workplace.